Despatch within 5 days
The 11th Hour Series of revision guides have been designed for quick reference.
The organisation of these books will involve students actively in the learning process and reinforcement of concepts. At the end of each chapter there will be a test including multiple choice questions, true/false questions and short answer questions, every answer will involve an explanation. Each book will contain icons in the text indicating additional support on a dedicated web-page.
Students having difficulties with their courses will find this an excellent way to raise their grades.
- Clinical correlations or everyday applications include examples from the real world to help students understand key concepts more readily.
- Dedicated web page, there 24 hours a day, will give extra help, tips, warnings of trouble spots, extra visuals and more.
- A quick check on what background students will need to apply helps equip them to conquer a topic.
- The most important information is highlighted and explained, showing the big picture and eliminating the guesswork.
- After every topic and every chapter, lots of opportunity for drill is provided in every format, multiple choice, true/false, short answer, essay.
- An easy trouble spot identifier demonstrates which areas need to be reinforced and where to find information on them.
- Practice midterms and finals prep them for the real thing.
Table of Contents
Unit I: Structure, Physiology, and Control of Microorganisms.
1. Introduction to Microbiology.
2. Chemistry Background for Microbiology.
3. Microbial Structure.
4. Microbial Growth.
5. Energy Metabolism: Respiration, Fermentation, and Photosynthesis.
6. Catabolic and Anabolic Pathways of Microorganisms.
7. Microbial Taxonomy.
8. Control of Microorganisms.
Unit II: Microbial Genetics.
10. Microbial Genetics: Reproduction and Metabolic Regulation.
11. Microbial Genetics: Transfer of Genetic Information Among Bacteria.
Unit III: Medical Microbiology, Immunology, Environmental and Applied Microbiology.
12. Symbiotic Associations, Microbial Pathogenicity, and Epidemiology.
13. Host Defense Mechanisms - Nonspecific.
14. Host Defense: Immunology - Characterization of Antigens and Antibodies.
15. Antigen-Antibody Reactions in Host Defense and in Serology.
16. Infectious Diseases Caused by Bacteria.
17. Infectious Diseases Caused by Viruses.
18. Diseases Caused by Protozoa, Fungi, and Algae.
19. Environmental Microbiology.
20. Biotechnology and Applied Microbiology.