Your shopping cart is empty!
Business & Management
- Accounting & Finance
- Business & Society
- Business Ethics
- Business Self-Help
- Business Statistics & Maths
- Business Technology
- Carreer Development
- Finance & Investment
- General & Introductory Business Management
- Intellectual Property & licensing
- Marketing & Sales
- Production Operations Management
- Project Management
- Property & Real Estate
- Public Administration & Management
- Quality Management
- Small Business
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Language & linguistics
Medicine & Health Sciences
- Anesthesia, intensive care, pain management
- Clinical Medicine
- Emergency medicine
- Epidemiology, public health and medical statistics
- Geriatric medicine
- Infectious disease
- Internal medicine
- Medical imaging
- Medical law, ethics and forensic medicine
- Medicine: general interest
- Mental health, psychiatry and clinical psychology
- Neurology and clinical neuroscience
- Obstetrics and gynecology, reproductive medicine
- Pathology and laboratory science
- Pediatrics and child health
- Respiratory medicine
- Personal Development
- Science and engineering
- Social sciences
Michel de Montaigne, the inventor of the essay, has always been acknowledged as a great literary figure but has never been thought of as a philosophical original. This book treats Montaigne as a serious thinker in his own right, taking as its point of departure Montaigne's description of himself as ..
The Cambridge Companion to Renaissance Philosophy provides an introduction to a complex period of change in the subject matter and practice of philosophy. The philosophy of the fourteenth through sixteenth centuries is often seen as transitional between the scholastic philosophy of the Middle Ages a..
Michel de Montaigne (15331592), the great Renaissance skeptic and pioneer of the essay form, is known for his innovative method of philosophical inquiry which mixes the anecdotal and the personal with serious critiques of human knowledge, politics and the law. He is the first European writer to be ..
This volume provides a comprehensive presentation of the philosophical work of the fifteenth-century Renaissance thinker Giovanni Pico della Mirandola. In essays specially commissioned for this book, a distinguished group of scholars presents the central topics and texts of Pico's literary output. B..
Francis Bacon (15611626) is one of the most important figures of the early modern era. His plan for scientific reform played a central role in the birth of the new science. The essays in this volume offer a comprehensive survey of his writings on science, including his classifications of sciences, ..
Showing 1 to 5 of 5 (1 Pages)