Your shopping cart is empty!
Business & Management
- Accounting & Finance
- Business & Society
- Business Ethics
- Business Self-Help
- Business Statistics & Maths
- Business Technology
- Carreer Development
- Finance & Investment
- General & Introductory Business Management
- Intellectual Property & licensing
- Marketing & Sales
- Production Operations Management
- Project Management
- Property & Real Estate
- Public Administration & Management
- Quality Management
- Small Business
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Language & linguistics
Medicine & Health Sciences
- Anesthesia, intensive care, pain management
- Clinical Medicine
- Emergency medicine
- Epidemiology, public health and medical statistics
- Geriatric medicine
- Infectious disease
- Internal medicine
- Medical imaging
- Medical law, ethics and forensic medicine
- Medicine: general interest
- Mental health, psychiatry and clinical psychology
- Neurology and clinical neuroscience
- Obstetrics and gynecology, reproductive medicine
- Pathology and laboratory science
- Pediatrics and child health
- Respiratory medicine
- Personal Development
- Science and engineering
- Social sciences
South Asian government, politics and policy
This book considers the remarkable transformations that have taken place in India since 1980, a period that began with the assassination of the formidable Prime Minister Indira Gandhi. Her death, and that of her son Rajiv seven years later, marked the end of the Nehru-Gandhi era. Although the countr..
South Asia is home to a range of extremist groups from the jihadists of Pakistan to the Tamil Tigers of Sri Lanka. In the popular mind, extremism and terrorism are invariably linked to ethnic and religious factors. Yet the dominant history of South Asia is notable for tolerance and co-existence, des..
Alyssa Ayres' fascinating study examines Pakistan's troubled history by exploring the importance of culture to political legitimacy. Early leaders selected Urdu as the natural symbol of the nation's great cultural past, but due to its limited base great efforts would be required to make it truly nat..
This book traces the origins of the insurgency that has wracked the Indian-controlled portion (about two-thirds) of Jammu and Kashmir since 1989. The most complete, and the first theoretically grounded account, it is based on extensive interviews. Professor Ganguly's central argument is that the ins..
One fifth of the world's people live in India and Pakistan. Looking back on their first fifty years of independence, leading specialists on South Asia assess their progress and problems, their foreign and defense policies and their relations with the United States. The three coeditors, who compare t..
Showing 1 to 5 of 5 (1 Pages)